ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How can I create a semi-realistic fake video projector 'SHINE' from a projector graphic to my video angled like a movie screen?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

tommmm
How can I create a semi-realistic fake video projector 'SHINE' from a projector graphic to my video angled like a movie screen?
on Sep 22, 2005 at 9:23:16 am

For my intro animation I have my video setup in a movie theater type screen frame at an angle. It's a small video area within the actual DVD intro. I would like to add a 3d projector graphic (which I have) and add a fake shine that comes from the projector across the screen and attachs at the four corners of my small video screen as if the projector is actually shining the image onto the small screen. My question, is how I can create this light shine? It would need to quickly change the level of light and perhaps tint, as if it was constantly shining a new image. So the light would change with the movie, like a real projector does. Now the light changes wouldn't obvously have to match up perfectly with the video to get the effect across. Does anyone know how I can create this shine with some opacity so it doesn't cover up the background completely? I imagine a 10 second loop of light changes in the shine would be plenty for the effect.

Thanks
Tom

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]