FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: PCPx in local TV

COW Forums : Broadcasting

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Gary Hazen
Re: PCPx in local TV
on Jan 17, 2012 at 6:46:03 pm

[Ben Edwards] "My gut feeling is that FCPx is not the correct solution but it does have a lot going for it, maybe not now but maybe in 6 months or a year."

Looking at it from the perpective of where you expect FCPX to be a year from now is the tail wagging the dog. The question is, where do expect the broadcast operation to be 5 years from now? Will it be 6 edit suites instead of 2 ? What other types of hardware (servers, CG's, etc.) will be in utilized at the facility? How will signal distribution be handled (Router or File based IP network)? How will the NLE's used for post exchange content with the other hardware?

I'm sure that Bob can offer up a slew of other items to be considered. My point is that there are a ton of things to consider when choosing the appropriate hardware for a broadcast facility. It's far more complex that setting up a small post facility.

Ask a post shop owner about the importance of having a dual power supply. Ask Bob Zelin or any other broadcast professional the same question. You'll likely get two different answers.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]