FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Headswitching

COW Forums : Broadcasting

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Chad Brewer
Re: Headswitching
on Mar 15, 2011 at 12:14:00 am

[Bob Zelin] "tell me Chad - how do you make a broadcast show, without hiring the correct staff or equipment ?"

Bob,
In my last post I mentioned going to a mastering house, did I not? Where did I come off saying professional equipment and professionals who know how to use the equipment are not necessary? One is EXTREMELY challenged and/or doomed for rejection in meeting broadcast specs without them. That's one of the reasons companies like TeleVersions are still in business. Being one of, if not the Midwest's highest-end broadcast/mastering facilities with all the necessary equipment, I'm so used to people in situations like this coming to a dedicated facility like ours to ensure their mastering is to whatever broadcast spec must be met.

In offering my advice on the original post, I guess I was assuming they were prepping this to take to a mastering house. In no way was I insinuating that mastering for broadcast can be achieved without the proper equipment and personnel. If I was, the company I work for would be out of business and I would be unemployed.

I don't know why your post was directed towards me (instead of cheapskates out there who think they can do it all themselves without professionals like us). Why would I invalidate what I do every day to make a living?

Chad Brewer
Senior Broadcast Videotape Operator
TeleVersions, LLC

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]