FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Your advice on choosing between Premiere Pro and Final Cut please

COW Forums : Broadcasting

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Carly Smith
Re: Your advice on choosing between Premiere Pro and Final Cut please
on Apr 2, 2010 at 12:56:21 pm

I'm going to chime in because we hire those right out of school graduates, being a small company.

I can't tell you the number of nasty emails we get when we specify Adobe-only. Lots of "get a life, you must be old, you don't know anything about production" (and obviously those applicants go in the trash)
I had a kid argue with me *in the interview* that FCP was industry standard, and he had no job experience, it was just that his teacher told him that, so he accepted it as gospel.

Adobe for us is preferred because we have always been a PC shop. Thats it. We sold off our old AVID system and moved to APP, and outside of a recent snafu involving Quick Time, we have been pretty happy.

We keep one Mac in the studio to run Pro Tools for audio.

I'll take an editor who can setup a multi-camera workflow and knows some strong After Effects. I want to hire the person who loves to edit, and who would go home and research the answer to an issue and bring it in the next morning.

My point is that any student with a strong demo that shows a range of skills and isn't one long scene from his buddys indie film ALWAYS gets an interview around here.

ok, end of babble.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]