Re: Your advice on choosing between Premiere Pro and Final Cut please

COW Forums : Broadcasting

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

cowcowcowcowcow
Mark Suszko
Re: Your advice on choosing between Premiere Pro and Final Cut please
on Mar 29, 2010 at 6:54:16 pm

These things go thru cycles and I would have to say that An all-Adobe suite would be very tempting to me if I was starting completely from scratch, *today* and I say that as a big fan and user of Final Cut. Why then do I suggest Adobe over Apple? I suggest it *at this moment* for someone *with no legacy FCP investment* because their latest version has some advances FCS does not, plus the Photoshop and AE and BluRay integration. And stuff about to come out from Adobe, teased in places like Gizmodo, looks even more advanced.

Will Apple catch up and overtake Adobe? Possibly, possibly not, and it could happen relatively soon or not. If I had to guess, I would predict the next phase of leap-frog in 2 years, then Apple would again be in the lead. But that's just a complete guess unfounded by any inside knowledge, just my perceptions of which outfit is more aggressively developing *at the moment*.

Besides the question of which is more advanced at any one moment, I have a stronger issue when picking a system. I say pick the system that handles the way that works best for YOU, that is most comfortable FOR YOU. Sure, it has to have the key tech that yourshop requires, whatever that nay be. But. You are going to spend a lot of time with it; best to have a creative partner you can live with. Because when you work fun and happy, you learn faster, you get mastery faster, your work gets better.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]