FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: FCP/HDV, to broadcast submission Digibeta format?

COW Forums : Broadcasting

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Chris Simpson
Re: FCP/HDV, to broadcast submission Digibeta format?
on Nov 12, 2009 at 11:05:11 pm

Cheers Shane. So it's not scuppered before I start, guess it gets complicated from here.

I have Mac Pro on which I work from, the MBP (Geforce 8600m GT card) is a back up and for simple or fast edits and review on site.

Delivery format would be one pure/new 16x9 anamorphic 625 component Sony digital beta.

Gobbledegook...
All material is quality and technically assessed, this checks that all levels conform to the current edition of the EBU tech 3267-e, which defines PAL-i and provides a basis for the definition of 625-line component video system. All programme levels must not exceed the following when correctly lined up to bars and tone: Luminance must not exceed 1v (100%) or go below sub black (.3v)

Programme peak sound levels must not exceed line-up levels by more than +8 dBu (PPM6).

The workhorse is a Mac Pro, ATI Radeon HD4870 for capture over FW800. Is FW800 good enough do you, or should I be bracing myself for expense from something to capture through an SDI, maybe out of the HDMI port on the V1. What kind of set up would you recommend? Just enough to get the job done.

I like the idea of capturing as Pro Res, edit and output as? I've been looking at the codecs in FCP/Compressor, and searching online seems to suggest something like an Uncompressed 8 (or maybe 10) bit. And looking at the safe area specs it seemed as though the frame was 702 by 625 a custom frame size, (is that anamorphic, not very wide for 16 by 9). Or maybe something wrapped in QT wrapper, although transferring/dubbing to a Digi Beta deck depends on the post house, I get the impression, and that transferring a file to MBP would need something like an SDI card in it to transfer from?

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]