FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Live Broadcast Advice needed

COW Forums : Broadcasting

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mark Suszko
Re: Live Broadcast Advice needed
on Apr 14, 2009 at 8:43:31 pm

I've been looking at that same Panny 400 switcher for a similar package, it will mix SD and HD sources and it *should* have an SD composite out somewhere. Quoting their sales sheet:

Optional I/O boards include: dual HD/SD-SDI inputs (with SD up-conversion); dual HD/SD component inputs (with up-conversion); dual DVI inputs (up to WXGA 1280x768); dual Component outputs for maximum compatibility with legacy systems; a component/DVI output (scalable up to 1920x1200 for large venue displays);

• NEW! Option boards include the AV-HS04M6 dual analog composite input card; and the AV-HS04M7 dual HD/SD-SDI output card with downconversion capabilities.

So, I think your answer is *yes* IF you buy the optional output card for the back of the unit. Or you could add a black box to convert one of the SDI outputs to NTSC output for monitors and analog recordings.

The way I read the papers on it, you can pre load some photoshop files with alpha channels into memory using SD flash memory cards and yes, use them for a poor man's HD Cg, you just won't be able to update or alter on the fly, everything would have to be precomposed and pre-loaded before the show.

Edirol also makes a pretty nice little switcher for this kind of job, though maybe not as nice as the panasonic.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:
  • Live Broadcast Advice needed by Dane Henry on Apr 14, 2009 at 4:01:49 pm
    • Re: Live Broadcast Advice needed by Mark Suszko on Apr 14, 2009 at 8:43:31 pm

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]