Re: LCD Broadcast monitors versus domestic monitors

COW Forums : Broadcasting

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Robin Seymour
Re: LCD Broadcast monitors versus domestic monitors
on Oct 10, 2008 at 12:15:04 pm

Thanks Bob,

This may seem like a bit of a basic question, but what I'm trying to get to the bottom of is in practical terms what the difference is between a pro broadcast and a domestic. You know I've graded stuff on a Final Cut set up that has had top post houses amazed by the results. The high end expensive route isn't always the answer. It just occured to me that perhaps with calibration a really good domestic might be imperceptible from a broadcast monitor. So I wanted to pose the question to see if anyone had any experience of comparing them.

When you said:

"understand that you are not qualified to do an on line conform for broadcast, or get thru a color correction session. "

What is it that the pro monitors give you that the domestic ones don't, and are there definitely no 'workarounds' to attain the required results?

I guess the question I'm asking myself is - do you have to have a broadcast monitor because it says 'pro' on the box, or is there a very valid practical reason why it is not possible to achieve acceptable results on a domestic monitor.

Cheers

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]