FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Connectivity in the studio

COW Forums : Broadcasting

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Asmund Voll Tesdal
Re: Connectivity in the studio
on Jun 2, 2008 at 6:09:30 pm

I too am having a bit of trouble seeing where you're going with this, but I think most of what you mention is already available if you have the budget for it. I work part time filling in as an engineer in a local branch of a channel here, and although I won't pretend to be an expert on all our gear yet, we control our router from a computer interface, and yes, we do have to log in to access the router.

As for web control/monitoring, in the sense of using a web browser to make connections, it seems a bit slow and unreliable to me, compared to dedicated software. There's enough stuff that could happen in those busy minutes before going live that I imagine those extra seconds waiting for a web page to refresh/reload or loading another sub-page wouldn't be worth it. But controlling the router over a LAN? Sure, we already do that here (and I wouldn't be surprised if, given the right permissions, the branch in the next county could control the router in our control room).

But, this is all based on my workplace, and I've only been in this business for a couple years. Might well be other situations the stuff you're mentioning is more useful. Larger editing facilities, perhaps? Or I might just be missing your point entirely :-)

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]