FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need a wireless audio/video transmitter...

COW Forums : Broadcasting

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Sam Lesante Jr.
Need a wireless audio/video transmitter...
on Jul 16, 2006 at 4:56:47 am

Hey fellow cows,

I need help in buying an audio/video transmitter of some sort.

First, Here's what I would like it to do and then maybe you can tell me if there is such a unit(s) or not.

1. I would like it to accept at least 1 (more would be great) composite video (either bnc or rca) and "transmit" it at least 300 yards away (not in a clean line of sight) and output this video either genlocked (would be great) or not to a video switcher.

and 2. I would like it to accept at least 1 (more would be great) analog audio feed (either xlr or rca) and "transmit" it at least 300 yards away not in a clean line of sight and output this audio to and audio board.

Now I know there are microwave units out there but I'm told you need to have a straight line of sight. And I do not have the money for a live truck.

I just want something I can have at least 1 camera and one mic hooked up to and be able to transmit that to my control room without having to be a straight shot"

I've seen the cheap $500 ones online but the range is nowhere near what I need.

I would say at least 300 yards. In a perfect world, I'd say 10 to 15 miles would be just enough to cover the whole perimeter of my town.

I do remember someone telling me about a unit you could hook on to a vehicle as well.

Just thinking out loud.

If anyone knows of any product like this please let me know.

I would guess my price range would be $5,000-$10,000 if needed.

TIA

Sam

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]