Creative COWSIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

burn dvd in iDVD for 7 second clip-16:9 aspect is ok but burn same 8 min sequence 16:9 is not right

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro basics

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Social ShareSend Email MessageShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInComment
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

mark dukeburn dvd in iDVD for 7 second clip-16:9 aspect is ok but burn same 8 min sequence 16:9 is not right
by on Mar 14, 2011 at 3:27:06 am

When I burn a dvd in iDVD for a 7 second test clip that was exported/compressed out of FC Pro via Quick time conversion, the-16:9 aspect ratio of the clip looks the way it should on my set top dvd player in both the 4:3 Letterbox and 16:9 settings that I have available on that DVD player.
BUT when i leave all the settings for both the export from FC, and in the iDVD project EXACTLY the same, that same full 8 MINUTE sequence that I burned on a DVD in iDVD is not playing correctly on the Lerrterbox setting and 16:9 setting on my DVD player. It only looks one way when played on my DVD player, (using both the letterbox and the 16:9 settings on the DVD player), and not the 2 different ways that it should look, like the 7 second clip looked on it's own DVD. These are burned on separate DVDs and EVERYTHING is the same as far as my settings- FC export settings, FC sequence settings and iDVD project settings. What gives?? really strange.
And, when I play both dvds on several different computers, that same wierd thing holds true also.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Social ShareSend Email MessageShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInComment

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESJOBSNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn GroupCreative COW Facebook PageCreative COW on Twitter
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]