FORUMS: list search recent posts

File showing wrong aspect ratio

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Glenn Payne
File showing wrong aspect ratio
on Aug 16, 2016 at 7:44:18 pm

I'm having a weird problem. Curious if you guys have ever dealt with this. I have a master file of my short that is ProRes 422 HQ. All looks perfect on my end. I uploaded it to Amazon Direct and once posted I noticed it was stretched out too much horizontally. It's 1920x1080 (16:9), but on their site it looked like it was a little closer to super wide screen. They said it was exactly as the original uploaded file was. I thought they'd gone crazy. My distributor said they wanted to sign it so we agreed. I sent them all the deliverables and they too said the file was stretched out too wide. When I go back and check my master file it's fine. I compared it to other rendered quicktime files and it's the same size.

There's a long story I won't bore you with about the original project file, but basically I cut the short on a pc (resolve) then got rid of that computer so now I just have the master H264 file from that program. I used compressor on my macbook pro to convert it to ProRes 422 HQ. I know that's not a desired workflow, but it's what had to happen at the time. Nonetheless the final file looks perfect on my system. I just took it to a pc laptop and opened it there and it looks correct. Any guesses as to what in the heck is going on?

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]