FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Problems Encoding SD Video For Blu-Ray Release

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mark Spano
Re: Problems Encoding SD Video For Blu-Ray Release
on Nov 20, 2014 at 11:53:23 pm

From reading your description, it sounds like you don't like what the original source looks like (29.97i). You deinterlaced it for the DVD release, and you like this look. Now you're going back to the original interlaced source you hate and trying to encode it to Blu-ray. Why not use the source you used for the DVD? If you like that deinterlaced 29.97 look, just use those files for the Blu-ray. Blu-ray can take 720x480, 29.97i. So you should be able to feed your authoring software your files. If it balks and the complaint is that they are progressive, I would just bring them into Compressor, tell it you want 29.97i, and let it crunch. Compressor will take your frames and duplicate them into fields, preserving your deinterlaced look while interlacing the files. Those will work for your Blu-ray.

If you feel the need to up-res the source files (doesn't really make sense since there's no more resolution to be had), you can use Compressor in the same way, just change the output size to 1080.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]