FORUMS: list search recent posts

Will a genius step up to the plate?

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Craig Johnson
Will a genius step up to the plate?
on May 17, 2014 at 4:34:37 am

I'll be as detailed as possible. 1 movie. Part 1 and Part 2. Both about 80 minutes. A major mixed bag of different formats transcoded to ProRes 422 in FCP7. I typically send the sequence from FCP right to Compressor 3.5, use the HD preset to create assets and then make a Blu Ray final burn in Toast. Works great. Sucky menu's but beautiful picture. This time Compressor won't take it. I tore it apart trying to find the offending clip with no luck. Made a self contained movie using sequence settings. Plays back perfect. Send that .mov into Compressor to create assets. It plays beautiful but freezes. I literally wore out my BDRE disk trying different bitrates. I even let Compressor figure the bitrates for me. Still freezes. I have a Sony, Pioneer and Samsung Blu Ray player here and it happens on them all only totally random. Never the same spot twice. I'm in the 20's for max bitrate and high teens for average. Same result. I thought I would do a batch burn using Compressor's Blu Ray H.264 template. Again, tried dozens of combinations including letting Compressor figure it out for me. Same result. Also, the picture quality going this route is much more washed out and in some scenes I get this weird video pulsing during playback. I have 31 families I have to deliver this 2 part documentary to and am a month behind screwing around with freezing. I don't think it's a bitrate issue having used this same method for a few years making many movies that are far longer with no issues. I have never dragged a self contained .mov into Compressor before. Would a genius step forward please?

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]