Creative COWSIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivesearchhall of famerecent posts

solutions to compression

COW Forums : Compression techniques

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Social ShareSend Email MessageShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInComment
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

rand courtneysolutions to compression
by on Aug 28, 2010 at 9:45:17 pm

hi there -

I have been reading and learning from this site for many years and have always found the answers I needed with the exception of compression. So, thank you for dealing with my ignorance. :)

It seems like there would be a program that would allow you to specify what the actual file size you want to compress to. Like if I had a 16GB HD file that I wanted down to exactly 4.7 for DVD or that same file down to the 2GB limitations of YouTube or Vimeo.

Perhaps there is such a solution and I have totally missed it. Currently I use AE to compress files down for uploading but they always turn out to be so pixelated. Apple Compressor is such a complex program that I don't even now where to begin but I am willing to try if I can just get in the right direction.

Any help would be much appreciated.
rand

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Social ShareSend Email MessageShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInComment

Current Message Thread:
  • solutions to compression by rand courtney on Aug 28, 2010 at 9:45:17 pm

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESJOBSNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn GroupCreative COW Facebook PageCreative COW on Twitter
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]