Re: Compressor 3.5 & BluRay creation - Observations

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Simon Hustings
Re: Compressor 3.5 & BluRay creation - Observations
on Jan 27, 2010 at 5:33:10 pm

Cheers Daniel.

I got through the process without any major headaches. Compressor does a good job visually at creating BluRays. A little more control over the preset menus would be nice (without having to jump into xml).
My only other comment was that Compressor doesn't seem to allow you to add the "Create BluRay" job action to AV that has already been encoded for BluRay. So every time I wanted Compressor to create a BD-R, I would have to start from the master and re-encode. And with multipass, that easily added 3 hours to my render time (For a 50min Prores doco, on an intel 8-core mac)
I guess the way around that would be to create the BD-R and save as a disc image and then use Toast to burn it.. but if changes needed to be made JUST to the BD Menu (created within Compressor) and not the master, I would still have to start from the master and re-encode again. Unless I'm missing something obvious??
One other observation is that when a "Create BluRay" job action is added to a batch and you render using distributed processing, the job shows up in Batch Monitor under my 8core cluster but only as one segment for audio and one for video. (as opposed to multiple segments for non-job actioned encodes such as general m2v/ac3 encoding) I assume Compressor is still using the clusters but is displaying the progress differently?

All the best,

Simon

"Is it me or do I spend half my life watching little grey bars turn into little blue bars??"

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]