FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: How to make wmv into flv without artifacts?

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

David Donnenfield
Re: How to make wmv into flv without artifacts?
on Jun 12, 2008 at 4:00:00 pm

Daniel,
Before I reply to your specific settings request, let me say that after hours and hours of angst and trying different combinations, I got the dang thing to come our decently by re-exporting via QT Pro using the DV/DVPro setting. I also checked "Progressive", dialed the quality setting to "Best" and formatted as a 4:3 VGA output (it's ultimately going to computer display). The outcome lopped 50MB off the file size from the Animation codec QTs that I was making. But, what's more important is that the sucker played without nasty pixelation and motion stutters.

This begs the next question: Was the animation codec just too high a data interpolation for the Flash encoder to handle? Or was it that the DV setting more closely matched the source material from which the wmv file was made? Maybe there are other possibilities, but these are the questions that come to mind for me in getting to the bottom of this particular compression conundrum.

Settings:

What frame size are the source WMVs? 640x480

What datarate are the source WMVs? 2600kbps

What method did you use to go from 16:9 to 4:3 This particular movie was already 4:3, so I didn't have to change the aspect. But the next one I will, it's already exported "squished" (from the sides) using the Animation codec so I've got a problem looming.

What frame size are your output FLVs 640x480

What keyframe settings are you using for the FLV? 60 keyframes

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]