ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Re: Create a silhouette in a door opening

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tim Fast
Re: Create a silhouette in a door opening
on Jul 1, 2010 at 3:40:04 pm

Thank you for your reply Kevin. However, I've already tried to play with Threshold and it didn't help. I think the problem is something else. Of some reason the Glow effect affects only the light layer (hence, it looks coming from a single point and not wrapping around the objects) despite that it's applied to an adjustment layer on the top.

It might help if I clarify how the door is built. It's a white solid between the light and the rear wall. I also set the light transmission to 100% in the material properties. If I place it as you suggested behind everything (including the light) the door becomes gray with a white spot in the middle (where the point light is).

I realize that it can be difficult to know what the problem is without having access to the project. If you are out of ideas and want just drop the case, no problem. I will understand - you've already helped me a lot. I will try to solve it somehow on my own then. But if you do have other ideas what I can check to solve the problem I'd love to hear them. ;-)

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]