ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

3D layer order problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

peter burr
3D layer order problem
on Feb 2, 2008 at 6:16:42 am

When working with complicated 3D layer compositions (with more than a few dozen layers) the layer order sometimes switches around in the composition when my camera moves along the z axis (zooming in and out). The result is a 'pop' where image layers will jump or slide through each other.

I have been struggling with this 3D layer order problem for a few years now..... just recently switching to After Effects CS3 to hopefully fix it (thinking it was a bug) and it is still a problem. Is there a fix to this problem or does After Effects simply not handle really complicated 3D compositions?

I have noticed that I can sometimes change the layer order of the items in the composition to fix this problem (ie. putting background image layers below the foreground image layers in the timeline) but this seems illogical since all layers in my comp are 3D layers with the camera on the top layer. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. i haven't been able to find a thread that addresses this topic anywhere.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]