Re: AE & RAM, the definitive guide

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

cowcow
glennser
Re: AE & RAM, the definitive guide
on Jul 30, 2007 at 6:15:56 pm

What kind of scripting are you doing? We've had some killer problems with large frames and running out of RAM, taken to rendering image sequences rather than our usual quicktimes and using the background render script as it seems to get further without crashing, still it does crash, sequences are great though as all I have to do is delete any corrupt frames and AE will automatically fill in the blanks, no wasted time setting the render area or patching movies together.
I'm trying NUKE right now, can't say yet how the scripting is but the projects themselves are just scripts that seem easy enough to pick apart and edit (I'm not saying I can do that yet but looking at them in a text editor they seem pretty straightforward), there's no way I'm switching to Motion but supposedly it's projects are similarly editable, it would be cool if Adobe went that way too, the idea of being able to open a buggy project in a text editor and copy-pasting into a new file something I want to use seems really nice. Shake is officially dead and Combustion seems to be going nowhere fast so it's AE, Nuke and Fusion that I'm keeping an eye on right now, Nuke and Fusion now run on Mac, PC and Linux too which is great too.
Don't know if this has been any use to you, seems like a lot of people must be hitting the ram barrier too, interested in what scripting you're doing too.

Glennser

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]