ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Re: Question about PC or Mac

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

B.J. Ahlen
Re: Question about PC or Mac
on Feb 10, 2006 at 5:46:37 am

Well, AE7 Pro bundle goes for $1K (list price).

Regular AE7 is $499, and I'd be surprised if you couldn't get a platform sidegrade from Adobe.

Worst case you should be able to upgrade to AE7 Pro from an existing AE6.5 (or earlier) Pro for $199.

This assumes you need the Pro bundle (which most people do anyway), it really is an incredible value.

I'll even stick my head out a bit farther and venture that I think there's a good chance that Steve Jobs has seen that there is no way that he can get the steep revenue growth, that he badly wants, from feeding the world's relatively few professional audio, video, and film jockeys.

I would give it much better than even odds that he is putting a vast majority of his company's resources into living room gear and content instead, based on the Intel Viiv platform for DRM.

That's where he can grow, it fits with his monstrously successful iPod sales, it fits with his desire to find totally new revenue streams based on selling content, and more.

Consumers = rapid growth to feed an empire, pro gear = limited market boutique stuff.

Pro Macs will be a prestige thing on the backburner, and then either eventually peter out naturally or be replaced with something completely different that is 100% incompatible with anything in existence today.

Or he could switch to Apple becoming software-only in the pro space, that is also possible.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]