Re: Educational Version

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

GregNeumayer
Re: Educational Version
on Jan 18, 2006 at 1:40:18 am

DaveyG,
To my knowledge, the edu version is always exactly the same as the standard version. The only difference is what they've ethically asked you to do and not do with the software. (that said, I wouldn't be surprised if they won't offer the pro version for edu fees since they figure it's for...well, pros!)

Check online for the breakdown between the pro and standard version. The biggest differences I can think of are keylight, some filters, and motion tracking, maybe wiggler. The standard version has no limitations that keep it from having the same quality. The only difference is the extras.

Just remember, if you ever start to sell your work, you need to pay the regular price for your software. I'm glad you're buying your software. God will honor your faithfulness. (actually, check the license to make sure that non-profits fall under the edu umbrella. They don't always.)

[I started learning AE as a designer at my church-- who had a "borrowed" copy of AE! I love asking my pastors if they're asking God to bless the work they're doing on software they've stolen. C'mon pastors. Take a step of faith. God's got the purse-strings.]

-Greg

Antifreeze Design
http://www.antifreezemotiongraphics.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]