ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Re: Field-based video to the web

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Roland R. Kahlenberg
Re: Field-based video to the web
on Sep 20, 2005 at 2:31:21 pm

[kfredericks] "So AE doesn't simply throw away fields? It interpolates full frames from both fields automatically as part of the rendering process? The reason I was questioning this was because at one point I accidentally rendered out footage for a DVD WITHOUT fields. All video looked really low resolution."

AE doesn't throw away resolution unless you ask it to. ;-) If footage interpretation, work within comps, and render settings are set correctly, you shouldn't lose resolution going from an interlaced footage to one that is progressive.

Then again, what is resolution? What were the artefacts you experienced?

[kfredericks] "I'll shoot for 320x240x30fps with liberal compression"

Viewer experience is what you should be aiming for - and that involves not only frame rate but also visual quality. Going for 30fps at the expense of visual quality, "liberal compression" is a walk along a tight-rope exercise that you may want to forego.

I'd suggest going for a lower framerate. Perhaps 18fps and upping the quality slider. If you have the time to experiment, I suggest that you experiment with both, or more settings.

At the end of the day, it depends on the CODEC that you choose. I suggest that you visit the COW's Compression Forum for advice on a CODEC to suit your needs.

Cheers
Roland Kahlenberg
broadcastGEMs
customizable animated baackdrops with Adobe After Effects project files

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]