ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Re: Field-based video to the web

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

kfredericks
Re: Field-based video to the web
on Sep 20, 2005 at 1:53:50 pm

First let me say 'thank you' - thank you. Now for my follow-up to your responses:

"Either way is fine since you're not rendering to fields"
So effectively there is no difference between using the stretch feature or dropping my composition into another composition with a different frame size. Good to know. I'll use the stretch feature since it is easier.

"Your footage, when interpreted correctly would have its fields merged to create a frame in AE"
So AE doesn't simply throw away fields? It interpolates full frames from both fields automatically as part of the rendering process? The reason I was questioning this was because at one point I accidentally rendered out footage for a DVD WITHOUT fields. All video looked really low resolution. After redoing it, with fields, it looked a lot better. That is why I assumed AE throws away fields completely. It is however possible that while encoding to MPEG2 (in encore), it reinterlaced the deinterlaced footage, resulting in a two-step degrading of video, giving the effect I experienced.

"Asking any computer to playback 59.94fps in realtime may be a bit too much to ask for"
Yeah, I agree. I was just asking for education purposes as much as for practice. Ultimately though, I will be posting this video in high-quality form, as I think it deserves to be seen that way. I think it is prudent though to also include a lower-bandwidth version in addition to the high one. I'll shoot for 320x240x30fps with liberal compression. As you know, finding a balance between quality and file size is an artform in itself.

Thanks again. And any more insights in this arena are appreciated.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]