ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Field-based video to the web

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

kfredericks
Field-based video to the web
on Sep 19, 2005 at 7:24:17 pm

I have a three-minute AE video comprised of photo animations and MiniDV field-based video (720x480x29.97fps). I will output this to DVD with fields, which will keep the animation at 60fps and render the video in its original interlaced form. BUT, when I output this for the web, I'm a little confused as the proper way to render the best quality.

I hope to output a 640x480x29.97 version. So I have a few questions:

1) Should I use the render que stretch feature to get the 640x480 aspect ratio, or should I create a square pixel 640x480 composition and then drop my current composition into that?

2) If I shut off field rendering, AE will throw away half my video fields, right? Is this a fact of life, or is there some easy way of blending the fields that doesn't require interpretting footage or setting field blending for each clip. Keep in mind that i don't want to screw up anything with my DVD composition

3) For my DVD, rendering fields provides a high field rate for my animations, making everything smooth. On the web, my animations will be rendered at half the rate. Is there any way to render a 59.fps version without compromising the interlaced video content. I suspect that making a new comp set at 59.94fps would break my video content into fields, thus halving the resolution. If I did this, would it be optimal to render at 320x240x59.94fps so that my interlaced and non-interlaced content matches in native resolution? I know that is confusing, but I'm sure someone here with get what I'm saying.

I've read the tutorials on this subject, yet I am still confused. Surely there must be some basic rule of thumb for dealing with my scenerio above. All the various deinterlacing features in Premiere and AE confuse me.

Thanks in advance.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]