Blood work: Attaching a PNG to a roto shape/mask

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ward DeMartino
Blood work: Attaching a PNG to a roto shape/mask
on Nov 26, 2019 at 7:47:57 pm

Hey all,
Newbie-ish here....this is probably something relatively simple, but I'm racking my brain over here.
I am working on a vfx shot where I need to paint blood onto a doctor's latex gloves (they didn't do this in production...oof). There is SO much movement, closeups, etc etc. And the clip is long. They didn't use tracking markers or anything either on the white latex gloves. I tried to track areas in Mocha to basically attach a PNG of a bloody brush that I made in Photoshop so that I could create some splotches on the gloves, but it was really too hard to get a good track without spending the next few years of my life manually getting it right.....
So...I decided to roto the doctor's fingertips (where the blood mostly needs to be) and to change the levels to color them like blood, changed the opacity, etc...

1) But is there a way that I can just use the roto masks and actually just attach my blood brush splotch PNGs to them? The brushes look a lot better than just coloring the rotos.
2) If I just use my colored rotos as the bloody areas, is there a way to apply a gradient only to the roto shape? I feel like there is but I can't figure it out.
3) Am I overlooking a much easier way to create the illusion of blood on white latex gloves that are moving around a lot?
4) What would you all recommend as the best way to give a shiny texture to the roto shapes? I have been trying the glass effect, but I'd love to get a nice shine on the rotos (maybe it's not possible).

Thank you in advance for any and all input on this. A bit lost here......

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]