ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Re: A request for sports template authors

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jerel Peterson
Re: A request for sports template authors
on Oct 7, 2019 at 11:49:28 pm

Have I mentioned that I'm a novice at AE? I spent my life teaching in high schools with less than 150 kids (sometimes WAY less). If I were an AE master, that's not how my career would have gone. That's not to say that a person couldn't learn AE in that environment, but although I would like to be able to do it, it just hasn't been one of life's priorities for me.

I have no idea how to do scripts. I have yet to figure out how to use right-align tab stops in AE--something that is essential in stat tables, and something that I can at least figure out how to do in AI, MS Word, InDesign, etc.

Some of the templates I have bought from the hive do have stat tables. But not a single one of them is set up to align the columns correctly. I either have to use the spacebar and get things close (but never perfectly aligned), or they use separate entries for each piece of data, which takes a LOT longer to do than AI.

You say that I could make a single comp in AE just as easily as in AI. Could you point me to a tutorial for right-aligned tab stops, or some other method to align the data?

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]