ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Re: A request for sports template authors

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jerel Peterson
Re: A request for sports template authors
on Oct 6, 2019 at 7:00:33 pm

I'm a very novice user of AE. Sometimes I can figure out an acceptable way of changing the motion/animation of a template, but not often.

All I've done so far is make a stat template in AI (for instance, a table with 8 players and 6 stats for each player), then import that in to the AE comp that holds the original various stat layers. I hide the original stats, and then use a simple mask layer that usually expands from upper left to lower right to reveal the stats. Of course, this almost never matches the animation of the original background graphic in AE. (usually the text of the stats are shown above colored rectangles, and often these background items are animated in one-at-a-time, and the stats animate to match the background elements). So, bringing in a single AI file with all the stats in a single file can't be animated to match how the original background elements animate on to the screen.

I just figured that someone adept in AE could make a second option to bring in a single AI file and include a different background that could be animated together with the stat file when coming on-screen. I know it wouldn't have the flexibility of animating each element separately, but I'm getting tired of having to enter dozens of separate text entries each time I need to update stats.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]