ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Illustrator layers off by 1 pixel

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeff Hinkle
Illustrator layers off by 1 pixel
on Oct 4, 2019 at 10:11:37 pm

This is driving me nuts. I'm working on a 3D box. Should be simple. Set it all up in Illustrator, set my sizes to round numbers to make the math easy, saved to AI, imported into AE as Composition-Retain Layer Sizes and... every layer is a pixel wider in each dimension and my anchor points are all on non-round values.

Diving into the depths of Google, I see there's an issue if your AI artboards aren't on whole numbers and/or the reference point is set to center. I check all that and my artboard is 2000x20000, top left corner parked on 0,0. Find a post about making everything Pixel Perfect in the Object menu. Based on values, seems like everything should be, but I try anyway and Illustrator informs me everything is already pixel perfect.

I try setting antialiasing to More Accurate in AI Import options thinking there's some unneeded pixel juggling going on. No joy. I even rebuild everything from scratch (again, all whole numbers) in case the file had something weird buried in it. Same problem.

While I can certainly build the model in AE, I'd really rather not do it a third time and would like to know what's going on. Why are the Illustrator dimensions off?

---
It is easier to destroy than to create.
More fun, too.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]