ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Re: RED footage and Exporting color accurate EXRs

COW Forums : Color Grading

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jack Chavez
Re: RED footage and Exporting color accurate EXRs
on Aug 7, 2019 at 10:52:17 pm

"Have you tried setting the AE project Working Space to none, and 32bpc? Then when you bring in your EXRs and R3D, preserve their RGBs."

I have. The issue persists.

Digging a bit deeper, it appears that it's the interpretation of the R3D files that is the issue. Here's the scopes in Fusion with the R3D on the left and the EXR on the right. (click to expand).

Note that they are the same.

Here are the same 2 files in AE with the AE project Working Space to none, and 32bpc. Preserve RGB is ticked for both.
First the EXR. Nice, as it should be.

Next the R3D. Something appears to be going on with the way the R3D is being interpreted such that the mids to the highlights are being compressed below 90 IRE.

I've also tried going into the custom R3D settings and making some adjustments, but 1) I shouldn't have to and 2) I can't access other parts of AE while I make changes so it's a bit of a fool's errand.

I've read previous replies from Andrew Somers to others and found them very enlightening but that knowledge hasn't helped me crack this puzzle.
(ex. https://www.generaltitles.com/helpfiles/13-q-a-blog/colorspaces-and-file-ty...

Other thoughts out there?

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]