ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Re: Trying to open an archived project from AE 5.5 (Windows) from 2004

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mark Whitney
Re: Trying to open an archived project from AE 5.5 (Windows) from 2004
on Jul 23, 2019 at 9:09:22 pm

As an update, the files Jim sent were in fact AE 5.5 as mentioned, not CS5.5. CS6 complained. So, dug out my copy of AE 7.0 Pro, my very first AE. Entered serial number, but then a window asking for a Qualifying Product comes up. Wha??? never asked for that before & this wasn't an upgrade.

So, continued as Trial as this was just to test. Install completed but AE7 simply would not even start. This system is an AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX and dual RTX cards. Too much newness I suspect.

So as a last resort, I decided to try installing on my previous Win7 system. Still asked for a Qualifying Product, but AE ran. Saved the project out as an AE7.0 version & copied over to the Win10 system. CS6 opened that & I saved off as a CS6 project.

Jim was able to fully open the project.

So, the big question now, & I hope Dave is monitoring ...

Wait a minute. What happened to Dave? He isn't even in any back log of messages.

He was asked the same question back in 2015 on a different forum, but:

Why is Adobe asking me for a qualifying product when it shouldn't be, for something I bought nearly two decades ago? Was there ever a resolution? The original poster was directed to the forum for an answer when he called in to Adobe. Just special.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]