ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Animation: Workflow, tools and transferable knowledge.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Espen Moe
Animation: Workflow, tools and transferable knowledge.
on May 22, 2019 at 4:47:35 pm

Hi! I've got some questions about the workflow, tools and transferable knowledge.

I will mainly animate characters, their props and small movements in the scene. And I've got questions about plugin to choose (which will bring different learning curves) and workflow. I will combine this with Photoshop and Illustrator. But when it comes to animation there are so many different plugins... Rubberhose2, JnS, Duik, PuppetTools 3, Bao Bones and more. I know that there isn't one plugin for every task, or that every task will be effective with one plugin, but I am curious about the overall learning curve when going into this, and what kind of tools you guys go to in given situations.

1: By starting with Character Animator, will this give me a benefit when it comes to learning more sophisticated plugins for animation later? Or will it be a "limited" solution, when my needs are changed, and I need more complex solutions? Is the knowledge transferable?

2: What kind of go-to-tools do you guys have in given situations? For.ex. a flower is growing. You need control of a whole character. There are clouds in the sky changing. How do you guys prioritize this when it comes to what solution to choose? No need to rig every cell in the flower, but it has to grow etc.

3: When you have big scenes with a lot of interactions between what is happening, and the preview is getting slow, how do you cope with this? Of course I reduce preview quality, dedicate RAM, pre-comp a lot and try to go around. Shy guy is good. But when its about timing between pre-comps, I always end up having problem with this.

All answers or insights are much apriciated ☺

Espen

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]