ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Re: Problems Animating a helicopter in Cinema 4D (with After Effects)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Cassius Marques
Re: Problems Animating a helicopter in Cinema 4D (with After Effects)
on May 15, 2019 at 5:11:31 pm

Your applications are fine. It's the execution that is wrong. C4D is the 3d application. You should create models or import, texture them, light them and render it all within. After effects is a compositor, it should import, overlay and adjust the passes you brought out of C4D. (this is the desired workflow, not always the fastest, but it is the most direct and robust)

Your current workflow is bridging the rendering (3d) part to After effects (even though cineware still invokes the C4D engine). But that comes with caveats as you've seen. Things look one way in C4D but don't translate the same in AE.

[Matthew Ruiz] "First, I am wondering how I could keep the physics enabled while still animating the model, because I feel like it could be useful for some of my future projects"

The safest way is rendering it out of C4D. You could keep using AE's cineware for render, but I'm almost sure you'll have to bake all animations to PSR in order to keep things corresponding. Baking dynamics is not very straightforward. I've struggle some with it, specially if you're using cloners, modifiers or time tracks. Xpresso is needed for that, and that is another level of complexion all in itself.

[Matthew Ruiz] "I always run into the issue of not being able to render the videos from the animation software without a background or with the needed reflections"

This should not be an issue. You just need to review what you're doing and why you're struggling. C4D and its many available renderers all can output alpha and separate passes that will enable you to recreate whatever it is that you're relying on AE for.

I'd still recommend you to check (if you haven't already) Video Copilot'ss Element 3d plugin. It straightforward, robust and can get plenty of jobs like that done all within AE, with just the model with UV's from your 3D applications.

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]