ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Re: Problems Animating a helicopter in Cinema 4D (with After Effects)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Matthew Ruiz
Re: Problems Animating a helicopter in Cinema 4D (with After Effects)
on May 15, 2019 at 6:43:30 am

Hello, thank you for the response. First and foremost, I want to say that I actually was not using the motor as seen in the explorer on the right. That came with the 3D model when I bought it, however it required a plugin that I did not have installed, and I didn't care to install it. So instead I just used key frames and rotation within the regular Cinema 4D functionality. So the motor was not the problem, given that it was not in use and I actually deleted it soon after I took that screenshot.
Now on the plus side, I actually resolved this issue with the helicopter dismantling and flying out of the scene by removing the dynamic body tags from the pieces of the helicopter. I believe this disabled any collision physics, and therefore let my animations run as desired.
However, before we end this thread I have a couple of questions for you. First, I am wondering how I could keep the physics enabled while still animating the model, because I feel like it could be useful for some of my future projects where I may want my model to hit the ground while moving forward with the propellers rotating. Second, and perhaps the more important question here, is what do you think I should use instead of Cinema 4D and After Effects? I have tried using other 3D programs (such as Blender) to animate models and overlay them onto my After Effects composition. However, I always run into the issue of not being able to render the videos from the animation software without a background or with the needed reflections. So anyway, I am just wondering what other programs and methods you suggest for completing tasks like these, where I need to make a 3D model seem as if it is a real object in a real scene.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]