ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Problems Animating a helicopter in Cinema 4D (with After Effects)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Matthew Ruiz
Problems Animating a helicopter in Cinema 4D (with After Effects)
on May 14, 2019 at 12:30:17 am

Hello, my knowledge is very slim when it comes to animating in Cinema 4D. However, I figured I would be able to set a couple of simple key frames and make the rotors on a helicopter model rotate. I was wrong. For some odd reason, no matter how much research I do and no matter what I do in Cinema 4D, I can not get these rotors to rotate correctly. The first issue I had was the rotors wobbling when rotating, so I found a solution to that by freezing the rotation values in the coordinates section. The animation looks perfectly fine in Cinema 4D, and is exactly what I want. However, when I save it and move over to After Effects, the animation is flat out crazy. Instead of showing me the nice, simple animation that is the preview in Cinema 4D, After Effects gives me an animation of my helicopter getting flung into the air, with the tail rotor detaching and falling onto the invisible floor with collision physics. I have absolutely no idea how I managed to enable physics, but I did and I can't figure out how to fix it. Also, I don't know why this crazy scene only appears in After Effects and not in the Cinema 4D preview. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

What I want:

What I get:

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]