ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Pose 2 Pose with ONE SLIDER controlling a Layer with Multiple Sliders (And therefore: keyframes)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Wouter Dijkstra
Pose 2 Pose with ONE SLIDER controlling a Layer with Multiple Sliders (And therefore: keyframes)
on May 8, 2019 at 4:46:19 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm making a complex Mouth Rig using Sliders in Joysticks and Sliders. I now have 6 sliders which all give me a different mouth shape. Now I made keyframes on all 6 layers where each Slider at 100% gives a Mouth Shape, when the other Sliders are at 0%. I now want to make a pose to pose way of animating where I use one slider that refers to this combination of keyframes giving me a specific mouth position. I have seen tutorials on internet doing pose to pose, but in the cases I have seen it always has to Pass by other mouth shapes. I want to make direct movements from every mouth shape to another mouth shape.

The thing I had in mind was linking this set of keyframes to a MASTER SLIDER, where value 1 gives me the combination of keyframes referring to for example: Slider 1 of the "ALL-MOUTH-SLIDERS-COMP".

Or another way (which I didn't figure out yet) is to refer to the frame where is the combination of these 6 Sliders with ValueAtTime and make the MASTER layer link to this.

Any suggestions?

I am aware that the easy way is just to copy paste the 6 keyframes, but I like it to be more organised.

example:

Slider1: 100%,0%,0%,0%,0%,0% (open mouth)
Slider2: 0%,100%,0%,0%,0%,0% (closed mouth)
etc.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]