ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Element 3D 2.2.2 not respecting Z position

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Alex Zubiate
Element 3D 2.2.2 not respecting Z position
on Apr 15, 2019 at 9:29:50 am

Sorry for any grammar mistakes, english is not my first language, thank you!

I'm doing a music lyric video where a 3D TEXT is following a circle shaped path like in the image below.

So what I'm trying to is that I'm placing an Element particle in the middle of the circle just like the red solid below.

It works, right? Everything is good, the red solid is right at the middle of the circle path, just behind the front text and in front of the back text.

But when I place the Element layer at the same Z position as the red solid which is 76.0, the text overlaps the particle.

The same happens if I move the Element layer above the text layer, the difference is that the particle overlaps the text.

If I view the scene from above, the particle is just in the middle of the circle shaped path, but is ignoring the Z position.

I'm pretty new to Element 3D, and After Effects 2.5D space, so I'm really breaking my head to understand why is this happening.
Right now my temporal fix is to toggle the Element Layer as a 3D layer, but that's not convenient and I will encounter problems in the future.

Can someone care to explain what's going? Thank you!

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]