ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Re: Parenting the Separate Ends of a 3D Object to Two Different Nulls?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Rikk Wolf
Re: Parenting the Separate Ends of a 3D Object to Two Different Nulls?
on Mar 1, 2019 at 3:58:51 am

Hey Steven, sorry for the radio silence. Had some other projects that needed attention.

I'm in After Effects CC 2017 14.2.0.198.

I'm almost embarrassed to say I had no idea Cinema 4D was now being bundled with After Effects. I do in fact have it and I'm poking around in it now. It sounds like a good option, though I'm completely unfamiliar with the software. I've been watching some tutorials in an attempt to familiarize myself with it.

The chain has a very simple "green glass" texture applied to it. Doesn't seem too system intensive but it does take quite awhile to render each frame.

Would making clones of individual chain links in Element 3D requite me to create different solid layers each with an instance of Element 3D loaded on them, or is there some way to do this cloning all on one instance of Element 3D in After Effects?

I'll keep trying to learn about splines/paths and looking into the C4D and Element 3D route for now.

As always, thanks so much for your time and willingness to help. Everyone on the project appreciates it. :)

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

podcasts
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]