ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Very difficult footage for motion tracking

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jesse Bowen-Saunders
Very difficult footage for motion tracking
on Feb 10, 2019 at 12:19:20 pm

So I've scoured the internet and not a lot of places tend to deal with the issue I'm facing. I'm animating a lyric video for a client who has previously shot a bunch of footage of a drummer. The footage however is extremely low red light with a few LED strips in shot and flashing white cans programmed to the music. Not only that but the cuts are fast paced, the camera is moving all around the place, there are some shots where the moving drummer and moving symbols are the only things in frame that aren't black and the shutter speed gives a fair bit of motion blur in the faster movements.

I'm really worried that this footage is untrackable. I've tried brightening the footage in a precomputed which seems to track better and I've tried masking out the moving drummer but often I'll get patched of "could not solve camera for this frame" and random jittery movement (probably from the flashing lights)

I've tried mocha but I the lighting interferes and I haven't tried point tracking because I already know that's going to be a nightmare.

If someone has any ideas please please please let me know you'd be a lifesaver!

Thanks.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]