ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Re: How do I imitate this digital fill?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Steve Bentley
Re: How do I imitate this digital fill?
on Nov 4, 2018 at 11:05:22 pm

For the circuit boards we often use the Compound Blur - one of the most poorly understood effects in AE. You can draw a path in Pshop (and now finally in AE) that graduates from tip to tail. You can use that as a reference element to create comet tails - the brighter the levels in the grad of the line the more Compound blur will blur that element. So when using the beam effect or 3D stroke or stroking a shape path or stoking text over time, you could always animate the "head" differently from tail but you can't make the tail fade out. (ok you can ,with a mask but that's tough when you go around a corner) but the compound blur will follow the path and in many cases (especially with thin things) a blur is the same as fade out.
So you just make all these comets that follow the paths of the circuits and then mask them with the circuit board alpha to clean the up.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 All Rights Reserved