ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Re: Fixing Constantly Changing White Balance

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Chris Wright
Re: Fixing Constantly Changing White Balance
on Oct 13, 2018 at 3:28:46 pm

im 99% sure even my last correction slider can be fully automated. I just haven't touched it because it works and I don't want to break it. I originally tested the template on archive.org train footage that was very flickery and it worked really well.

I haven't made a video because its free and you get technical support once every 6 years, lol. i might have time sometime this week for a 60 sec. walkthrough. in the meantime, right click replace video.avi with your footage. there is a hidden text layer in final output comp(de-hide with hide button) that has a number that displays lower right.

you want the gamma clamp slider to make that number ~25 so that it averages 25 every 30 seconds or so. this has something to do with the shadow pumping required to fix really bad footage. a lot of this was tricky because there's no direct math working here, it's more art than science as I stumbled on the right logarithmic code through pure trial and error.

if you need a professional plugin, I highly recommend digital anarchy deflicker as it supports a wide variety of flickering problems including strobing and florescent light problems for only $149.https://store.digitalanarchy.com/23-VIDEO_PLUGINS

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]