ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Re: Color space problems again

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jerry Smith
Re: Color space problems again
on Sep 6, 2018 at 12:13:17 pm

Andrew, I just noticed your response to the older post.

I'm not interested in different browsers/computers. I can limit myself to just one of my computers. Take your pick. If I play the video locally through my browser, it looks one way. If I instead stream or progressively download it from Azure, then it looks another way. And I as I said above, this happens even if I bypass Azure's encoding.

There is a tiny chance that my online player, Bitmovin, is tweaking gamma, but they don't seem to discuss color spaces at all, so I tend to doubt they are responsible. Most likely, Azure is assuming my video is Rec709 when it is really sRGB. Somehow I have to embed a profile. But Adobe seems to give me now way to embed a profile.

This all seems quite absurd. Why can't I just add the metadata?? Oh, by the way, this is sRGB!! Or convert it and then say, oh, by the way this is Rec709? Adobe has a zillion color space settings for import and working, but very little for outputs.

If I could tag my videos, then I could do some experiments (empiricist that I am) with Azure and probably not even have to waste anybody's time.

To repeat: How on earth can I embed the color space? Surely, somebody, somewhere can do it. I think my question is very very clear.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]