ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Re: Color space problems again

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jerry Smith
Re: Color space problems again
on Sep 6, 2018 at 12:03:56 pm

The encoder is the Azure Standard Encoder. *What's really annoying is that even if I skip encoding and just add a manifest to an mp4, it changes the color. Support will contact me today.*

I gave up on profiling and just did a lot of device testing. We're only interested in playback in browsers. I looked at the results in many different browsers. I went to the store and looked for the "median" monitor. The one that was most similar to all the others.

It probably is a gamma issue.

My question is about exporting. My hope was that if I put mp4s with encoded color profiles into Azure then all would work. But I cannot find any practicable way to encode color profiles in outputs except for tiff sequences that have no audio and require God knows what workaround.

In Bridge, when I look at the Metadata, there does not seem to be anyway to get a color profile to appear. And research on the internets indicates that no Adobe product (AE, Pr, AME) actually delivers outputs with embedded profiles for sRGB or Rec709 or for animation. Maybe audioless sequences are the exception.

Is there a way to export with a color profile?

If I could export with media tagged with sRGB, then that might make Azure happy.

If I could export with media converted to Rec709 and tagged with 709, then that might make Azure happy.

(I have a related question about Adobe, but I don't want to over complicate the discussion.)

In general, their are two tendencies in these color discussion. The rationalists push for deep understanding of one of the most arcane subjects in media. The empiricists push for lots of testing. I'm firmly in the latter camp. I just need to get things working. Even if I understood it all, I'd forget it in a week.

How can I get color space tags on my videos? That is the only question that will allow me to figure out what Azure wants. Adobe really seems useless. Am I wrong? If not, then can I do it with FFMPEG?

Thanks Andrew for taking the time.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]