ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Color space problems again

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jerry Smith
Color space problems again
on Sep 6, 2018 at 3:27:21 am

After much duress, I solved my color space problems by not specifying any color space. My mp4s look good enough on most browsers and operating systems. My understanding is they just use a generic sRGB profile to display the mp4. I even bought a generic monitor and used the default setting while creating the videos which uses just a generic sRGB profile I think. Anyway, I was very happy. But my streaming encoder had different plans. I'm not entirely sure but I think it is assuming that my unspecified color space is rec601. If I specified it as sRGB, it would probably encode fine.

So that's my problem. How do I take my lossless animation .movs (which I use to create my mp4s) and which needless to say do not specify a color space (in Adobe Bridge Metadata, it says the color space is untagged), how do I take my .movs and just gently tag the color space to sRGB? (Rec709 might be a good choice also that my streaming encoder might accept.) I'm happy to use ffmpeg if somebody knows how. I use it for other things, so I'm perfectly comfortable with that. Hell, at this point, I'd buy some expensive software. HELP!!

Thanks in advance

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]