ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Re: camera projection ray-traced vs classic 3D

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mark Doctor
Re: camera projection ray-traced vs classic 3D
on Aug 20, 2018 at 3:30:25 pm

As to fixing the problem for your project - is there a reason you can't move the light farther back, or put the image layer closer to the white?

My suggestion would be to scale no smaller than 50%, and place the light and image as needed to accommodate that (or larger) scale. Alternately use a parallel light, though that might not work for the rest of what you are building.

The whole thing is a bit more complex. I have a footage that has been camera tracked and is constantly being mapped to different white solids at the right perspective from different positions. This enables me to move around with a secondary camera close to the position of the "real-world-tracked-camera". In this scene we also find a 3D shape

The reason for the second cam is to zoom and shift the point of interest of the real-world-cam towards the 3D layer. The 2D solution of Just scaling the whole composition and animating the anchor-point, disables the "continuously rasterization" for the 3D shape and wasn't acceptable because of the extreme zoom.

I've dropped the camera-mapping because the projected slide intersects with the white solids. So I've turned the footage in a large 3D-layer in the background parented to the real-world-tracked-camera and kept the second cam for zooming. Loosing the options of a dolly towards the 3D-shape, depth of field and more accurate reflection mapping.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]