ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Re: Green Screen Dancing Edge Pixels (After Effects CS6)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Matt Dodds
Re: Green Screen Dancing Edge Pixels (After Effects CS6)
on Mar 26, 2018 at 4:34:38 pm

You file looks great. I love how it looks more clear and I did show my co-worker and she thought it looked great as well. I never would have thought to do it that way. Our teacher showed a movie trailer that used 100% rotoscoping, but they never showed us about it. If it is just a mask with a moving keyframe, then I think I should be able to do that. Is there a tutorial regarding soft rim mattes and inner and outer feather masks?

Is there a better rendering file to use for transferring and exporting?

Most of the tutorials I have seen show the Keylight and the cleaning the spill in the keylight and that is it. Our teacher kind of did that as well. Not many tutorials show the levels it takes to do green screen work, like your comp. The tutorial I showed in the first post is the one I used and it helped for the most part, but the masking the hair line and matting other things like you post is something I would have never done, since I am not used to using AE.

Since I am a one man person, I was the only one there recording, but I will be having the person farther away from the screen and the camera. I will have to zoom in some, but I will have them farther away from the screen and camera. I only had one light on the person and 2 on the green screen, so I will need to get more lighting. The way I came in to do the clapboard, there was not light, but I understand about me taking up the light completely, since I was in the way. My camera doesn't pick up that much light, so I know that I soaked up all the light.

I don't want noise, but I am stuck with it, since my camera doesn't pick up as much light as I wish it did. I am assuming it's my lens, but I just don't get enough. When it comes to my set up, it'll be able the same. It is a video bio for the vets, for clients and referring vets. I want it clean and bright and those are my issues. If I can get a better camera body, more lighting, and set up the vet farther away from the green screen and farther away from the camera, I think I would be able to chroma key it better, but as a one-man team, that is the only one that knows about video, it's difficult to get ideas and help, that is why I came onto here, after researching a lot.

I do want to thank you Steve for all your help. You have taught me some important things, that I never knew in the first place. I look forward to doing these techniques and tips, as I think I will be able to get a better/cleaner key out, if I follow them. My next goal is to get some more/better lighting. I am wanting to get some LED lights, that way I am able to shine it out more.

If I have any questions or need help, I won't be afraid to ask you, as you have been really nice and super helpful!

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]