ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Re: Video Result is not moving smoothly

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tye Zaharia
Re: Video Result is not moving smoothly
on Jan 7, 2018 at 9:16:41 pm

The format is based off of what you want your end result to be, and how you may or may not continue working with the file once it is rendered.

Some formats will result in similar outcomes. You can use AVI or MP4 for most renders which should be fine, depending on the rest of your render settings. Likewise you can use Quicktime if you are working with a Mac, or prefer using the QT software.

In the Render Settings, you also have Format Options, which based off the format you choose, gives you other settings to work with.

If you use Quicktime, you will see some Format Options which are fairly useful, such as codecs that will provide a better look and feel.
I would suggest you try three separate formats to render with and play with the settings. Honestly most of the time, I will have multiple files rendered that I work from, so I can compare and see which works better for me.

Also, if your video is slow or choppy, you may need to check your framerate in the actual compositions. After Effects for beginners takes a lot of testing to become familiar with. As Roei mentioned, you may want to start with some decent Ae beginner tutorials to get your feet wet. Good luck.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]