ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Re: Post production 4k workflow for 23.98 footage.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Dave LaRonde
Re: Post production 4k workflow for 23.98 footage.
on Sep 13, 2017 at 5:26:28 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Sep 13, 2017 at 6:10:22 pm

When I say, "Do all of your work at 23.976 frames per second", that is precisely what I mean.

Do the ENTIRE project at 23.976. Do not mix frame rates anywhere in the project. Speak to the audio people so that they understand this. They are NOT to work at 24. They are to work at 23.976. Confirm this with them. Run tests if you must to ensure synchronization between picture and sound. You leave yourself open to many problems without a consistent frame rate.

Once you say, "This project is complete, it's time for delivery", this is the point at which you do the frame rate conversion to 24. You will have only two files to concern you: audio and video.

You didn't say how audio was recorded. I assume that if the audio files' metadata contain frame rate information -- which they possibly could -- it is 23.976.

Alternatively, you could do a frame rate conversion -- not conforming frame rates, but actually CONVERTING frame rates -- to 24fps before editing begins. Every piece of footage you shoot for this project. But I would doubt you want to do that.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]