ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Re: how to composite LIVE action into 3D and not the other way around??

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Adrian Chircu
Re: how to composite LIVE action into 3D and not the other way around??
on Jun 6, 2017 at 1:51:23 pm

I gave it a couple of tries with some tuts on YT. Managed to stick a piano to the ground and then key out the green screen and it looked.. well, weird.

The piano placement was correct though and the scene was correct in terms of compositing, the looks however were horrible. I`ve tried to color correct, shadows, level, etc, basically the whole package. It did turn out better but still not on the level I want it to be.

Now, I don`t want to make another thread so Im just gonna ask this here, please read everything, it would help a lot!

What would you do if you had to add background to your shot and also a fake piano? I thought of two options, the first is to actually work with 3D objects and the second is to work only with 2D objects, meaning that I would render the image of the piano and the background rotated according to the live footage camera`s position so it matches the scene.

ALSO, what would you do if you had to choose between zooming in the actor while filming, thus having camera movement and requiring tracking OR have the camera on a tripod and zoom in post losing quality as you zoom closer, what would you choose?

ALSO, this is the last also, I promise. I have to add flames that stick to the piano`s legs and that eventually grow bigger up until the point where the whole piano is covered in flames, OBVIOUSLY this is going to require a lot more work, because the flames add lighting to the background and they should actually BURN the piano and not just "hover" it making it totally unrealistic. What do you think would be the best approach to this? Do you think its worth as a total to add flames? What other visual effect to add intensity would you add that might be actually easier?

Thank you!

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]