ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Re: Tracking an image to a piece of paper

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Rob Jennings
Re: Tracking an image to a piece of paper
on Nov 21, 2011 at 4:42:58 pm

Thanks for your input, guys. I did find some articles on Mocha, and tried it out. (I haven't used After Effects since CS3, so I didn't even know about Mocha). However, because we prepared the shot to be processed with After Effects' point tracking system by placing dots on the paper, and did not provide distinct definition on the corners of the paper, Mocha had trouble tracking the points. (The paper is on top of a white folder, so the indistinct white-on-white is virtually impossible for a computer to track. Thus, I tried doing it by hand, either using the autokey function or by adding keyframes on each frame of footage, and adjusting the plane by hand. So I do spend about an hour doing this, then go to play it back, only to find the keyframes no longer represented what I set up at all! I found that every time I adjusted a point, that adjustment would affect every frame before it.

What kind keyframing is this?? Is there something I'm missing? Is there a way to manually set the surface of the plane on each frame in Mocha?

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]